I wanted to exercise my blending techniques, depth, perspective and shading work, so I just pencilled a few lines on a blank piece of paper and went from there.
I coloured the main lines and blended them using Polychromos and filled the gaps between them with Albrecht Dürer Watercolour.
The supplies depicted in the above image are:
- Faber-Castell 120 Polychromos Colour Pencils
- Faber-Castell 12 Albrecht Dürer Watercolour Pencils
- Faber-Castell Grip 2001 Can Sharpener
- Faber-Castell Sleeve Eraser
- Faber-Castell 4-piece brush set with soft-grip sizes: 2/6/10/12
- Faber-Castell 4-piece brush set with soft-grip sizes: 4/8/10/12
To frame the entire piece I decided to go with a white rectangular outline. I’m quite happy the POSCA marker in white made a bit of a mess of a line. Still working on the layering techniques and the amount of pressure to apply as to not destroy the paper I’m working on.